Who we are
OpenMoney is here to make financial advice affordable and accessible for everyone
Normally, when you're deciding what to do with your money, you either have to figure it out yourself (but not many people know how it all works), or you can use a financial adviser (but they can cost a lot of money).
In fact, there are millions of people in Britain who would benefit from having financial advice but who have been unable to access or afford it. They’re caught in we call the Financial Advice Gap.
As a result, many of these people get caught in financial cycles that they struggle to get out of. It could be running out of money at the end of every month, not knowing how and where to invest, or leaving money and savings in poorly performing investments.
We’re here to help these people. We want to provide our expert financial advice to 100K people who couldn’t find what they need or afford elsewhere. At OpenMoney, we’ll give everyone who comes to us that honest and expert advice, and because our extensive use of technology, we’re able to keep costs very low.
What are we working on?
To give you an idea of what we're working on, these are some of the projects and technologies you'll be working with:
- Responsive customer focused applications (Mobile and web)
- 100% cloud based architecture (MS Azure)
- Data/trend analysis in the cloud, using data to determine what works and what doesn't for the customer
- Micro-service based architecture (.net )
- Automated build, test, and deployment pipelines
- Manage the security function of the business. Identify risks and security solutions, perform threat assessment of identified vulnerabilities, define solutions and set standards, establish security policies and procedures.
- As part of the platform team move OpenMoney to a DevSecOps model implementing “security by design”, working with teams to define security non-functional requirements, implementing automated tests in the continuous delivery pipeline, and establishing automated penetration testing
- Maintain ownership of development, compliance and exceptions to the established policy.[DH1]
- Communicate, oversee, and execute technical implementations of security solutions required to meet business objectives.
- Deliver expert level security engineering advisement and consulting to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Provide active leadership for incident response and crisis situations.
- Regularly review the threat landscape, keeps up to date with new trends, technologies, vulnerabilities, performs threat modelling, to ensure OpenMoney remains protected and protects our customers.
- Co-ordinates penetration testing, forensic investigations and other security-related tasks.
- In collaboration with the compliance team ensure IT security policies are in place and fit for purpose.
- With Engineering Manager and Technical Leads embed security into the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Working with the platform engineers to ensuring automated build and deployment pipelines are fit for purpose.
- Works with Platform Engineering to ensure the OpenMoney platform is resilient, performant, and secure.
- In collaboration with the compliance team ensures 3rd parties have an appropriate level of policies/protections in place.
- Works with the business and Data Architect to ensure data is secured with least privilege strategy and mitigate risks of data leakage.
- Hands on experience of using security vulnerability tools
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- A willingness and desire to learn new technologies
- Azure networking fundamentals (VLAN, WAF, VMSS, VPN, NSG etc)
- Experience of authentication technologies e.g. AD, Azure AD, OAUTH.
- AZ-101/102/500 certified
- Experience with security frameworks (ISO 27001/27002, NIST, HIPPA, SOX, etc)
- OSCP/CISSP certified, or other industry recognised security certification
- Cryptography and PKI knowledge
- Experience working within finance
What can you expect
Working in our office in the heart of Manchester in St. Peters Square in a supportive and social team environment. A prime office location providing employees with a range of free services including a coffee barista, breakfast, table tennis, beer taps, prosecco, soft drinks… and more...
- Bonus scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Company events & social hours
- Casual dress
- Flexible working hours
- Life insurance
Reference ID: MCCyber01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000.00 to £70,000.00 /year